General Care for all Timber Furniture
Your solid timber furniture is a natural product that is handmade, one piece at a time. Each piece will have unique characteristics including grain and colour. As with all solid timber furniture, surfaces may expand and contract due to varying temperature conditions and the environment that you place them in. This will occasionally result in small cracks within or between boards or swelling of certain panels/drawer faces or doors. As much as possible, we design our items to allow for the characteristics of the timber used and the purpose the piece was made for, but it is important to keep in mind that this is normal and in some cases part of a piece’s character.
To minimise unintended movement in the timber, your furniture should not be placed outside, near fireplaces, in direct sunlight, or in heavily air-conditioned areas.
A good rule of thumb with hot items, is that if it is too hot for you to hold in your hands, then it is too hot for you to put directly on our timber furniture.
As a general rule, Beachwood’s timber furniture should only be wiped down with a damp cloth, but with care on some of our products (see below) you may be able to use a gentle non abrasive cleaning product.
- Always carefully lift furniture when moving it around the home, never drag.
- Use coasters, place mats, tablecloths and table runners to protect timber furniture surfaces from heat and stains.
- Rotate cushions often to even out any wear and fading.
- Use floor protectors on the bottom of furniture (especially tables and chairs) to minimise damage to floor coverings.
- Anchor your furniture to wall for added safety. ( Our chest of drawers all come with wall mounting brackets)
- Nothing against your pets, but it’s important to keep them off the furniture to avoid any little “accidents” or damage.
Please do not:
- Place any indoor furniture in direct sunlight as this may cause fabric and other materials to fade or crack. Direct sunlight includes sunlight through a window - use curtains or blinds to protect your furniture.
- Place furniture too close to a heater or air conditioning vent as this may distort the material or surface finish.
- Sit on the arms of the sofas and chairs. They are not designed for that.
- Stand on chairs and stools or rock on the back of them, as this may weaken the structure and possibly cause joint failure.
A number of Beachwood’s furniture items are unique handmade pieces in reclaimed timbers. While great care is taken during production there will be slight variations which is part of the character and appeal of our handcrafted timber products and not a manufacturing defect.
You can also get in touch with us via email: email@example.com if you ever have any questions regarding how to best care for your Beachwood furniture – as it is designed to last for many, many years.
Beachwood Designs warrants each item of furniture against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
- The guarantee shall only apply whilst the furniture is cared for and maintained in accordance with Product Care instructions.
- This guarantee does not extend to cover the furniture which in the opinion of the company or its representatives is worn by fair wear or tear and/or is damaged by abuse, misuse, neglect or inadequate care.
- If you wish to make a claim against this guarantee, initial contact should be made with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (02) 9918 7162. Beachwood reserves the right to determine whether the claim falls under the guarantee (refer to points 1 & 2).
- Should it be necessary to return the product for inspection and/or repair all transportation charges shall be paid for by the purchaser, unless the manufacturer determines in writing to the contrary.
- Returned furniture will not be accepted by the manufacturer unless prior authority has been given.
- The benefits conferred by this guarantee are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect to the product which the purchaser has under the Trade Practices Act. The guarantee is issued to the original purchaser only and proof of purchase is required.
- Commercial / outdoor environment use of this product where the product is exposed to moisture and adverse weather will not be warranted.
- Gum veins, saw marks, nail holes, dints, scratches are a characteristic of solid timber. The manufacturer does not warrant the customer’s change of mind towards these imperfections.
- Timber furniture exposed to hot and cold conditions can expand and contract and Beachwood cannot prevent this natural occurrence, therefore you buy our timber products with this knowledge and at your own risk in regards to this.